The Cyber and Fraud Centre website and its contents are for general information only and are provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. Nothing on the Cyber and Fraud Centre website is, or shall be deemed to constitute any form of recommendation. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms. Specifically, we make no warranties, representations or undertakings about:
- any of the content of the Cyber and Fraud Centre website (including, without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, currency, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content); or
- any content of any other third party website referred to or accessed by hypertext link through the Cyber and Fraud Centre website.
The Cyber and Fraud Centre website contains links to websites operated by third parties (“Third Party Websites”). We do not control Third Party Websites, and are not responsible for their content. The inclusion of such links does not imply any endorsement or approval of any products, information, materials or services offered or provided on Third Party Websites, or any association with their operators.
We accept no liability for any claims, penalties, loss, damage or expenses howsoever arising from: any reliance placed on the content of the Cyber and Fraud Centre website; the use or inability to use the Cyber and Fraud Centre website; the downloading of any materials from the Cyber and Fraud Centre website; or any unauthorised access to or alteration to the Cyber and Fraud Centre website. This clause shall not exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
The content of the Cyber and Fraud Centre website (including, but not limited to all text and artwork) is protected by copyright and any other intellectual property rights. Such intellectual property rights and copyright are owned by us or otherwise licensed from a third party for use by us. “the Cyber and Fraud Centre – Scotland” and the Cyber and Fraud Centre logo, are registered trade marks of which we are the owners.
You may view or download any part of the Cyber and Fraud Centre website for private purposes, but you are not permitted, without our permission, to:
- store the Cyber and Fraud Centre website, or any part of the Cyber and Fraud Centre website, for any other purpose;
- print copies of the Cyber and Fraud Centre website, or any part of the Cyber and Fraud Centre website, for any other purpose;
- reproduce, copy or transmit the Cyber and Fraud Centre website, or any part of the Cyber and Fraud Centre website, in any way, for any other purpose or in any other medium.
- All other rights which are not specifically granted are reserved.
While we endeavour to ensure that the Cyber and Fraud Centre website is normally available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason the Cyber and Fraud Centre website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Access to the Cyber and Fraud Centre website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
We reserve the right to amend or replace the Terms and Conditions at any time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on our Cyber and Fraud Centre website.
The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Scots law and any disputes that may arise will be subject to the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.